|This photo was taken during the Bon period, so lanterns were decorated.|
Kenchu-ji was built in 1651 by the second lord of the Owari clan, Tokugawa Mitsutomo (1625-1700)
to grieve for his father Tokugawa Yoshinao (1600-1650), the founder of Owari clan.
Since then, it has become a mausoleum for the Owari Tokugawa family.
|Kenchu-ji main gate|
The main temple was rebuilt in 1787.
Now, this is the largest main temple in Nagoya made of wood.
The main gate called Sammon was built in 1651and has been kept it..
It was designated as a tangible cultural asset in 1985 by Nagoya city.
|Mitsuba-Aoi, Crest of Tokugawa Family|
These are inlay work of the Edo period to recover knothole.
You can see them on the pillars of cloisters of the main temple.
|Fan/扇||Cast-off skin of cicada/空蝉||Leaf of Asarum caulescens/双葉葵|
|Piece of Shogi (Japanese chess)||Hoju/宝珠|
||12:00- / Buddhist ceremony
12:30-, 13:30-, 14:30-/ Bean-throwing (豆まきmamemaki)
Get off at Kurumamichi sta. on the Sakuradori subway line.
Walk 10 minutes to the North-West.
1-7-57 Tsutsui, Higashi-ku, Nagoya