Immigration Bureau

Office Hours :
Monday to Friday (except National Holidays)
9:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
(lunch hour : 12:00p.m. - 1:00p.m.)

Saturday, Sunday, national holiday, Dec. 29-Jan.3

5-18 Shôhô-chô, Minato-ku, Nagoya

Nagoya Immigartion Bureau: 052-559-2150

Get off at Nagoya-Keibajo-mae Sta. on the Aonami Line.
(6th station, 13-min. from Nagoya, 260yen)
Walk 1 min.
(The gate of Aonami Line is near Shinkansen gate of Nagoya Station.)


Your visa category and period of stay in Japan
are determined when you enter Japan.
If you want to change your visa category, or if you want to extend
your stay in Japan, you have to go to the immigration office.
If you want to work and earn money outside the scope
of your current visa category you must visit the University office first,
and then go to your local immigration bureau
(Nagoya Regional Immigration Bureau)
and apply for chang

You need to obtain a re-entry permit
when you want to temporarily depart Japan.

You buy a 3,000 or 6,000 yen stamp (shuunyuu-inshi) at the office,
then attach it to the re-entry permit application form.

single re-entry permit : 3,000 yen,
multiple re-entry permit : 6,000 yen

Documents to submit : application form for re-entery permit,
passport, alien registration card.

Official web site is here.