How to eat Sushi
hand-shaped Tokyo style sushi
* Clean your hands by using an oshibori ( wet heated towel) or a wet paper towel
* Put soy sauce for dipping in a small dish
* Decide to eat by hand (traditional way) or use chopsticks. Both way will do.
*pick up a sushi piece between your thumb and middle finger, putting the index finger on top.
* Twist your hand a little bit and dip the end of the neta or ingredient into the soy sauce.
( Don't dip the rice part into the soy sauce, because it tends to fall apart )
* Eat it in one bite (if it's too big ,bite in half and dip the rest into the soy sauce again)
* Eat gari (pickled ginger) or drink green tea especialy after eating strong tasting sushi, it helps
to refresh your mouth and enhance the next piece's flavors.
Gari and green tea are disinfectantant, so they cover against raw fish.
* If there is sauce on the neta (ex. anago), eat directly without dipping soy sauce.
toppings are artfully scattered on top of of sushi rice